We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the vacant position:
Job Title: Technical Assistant to the CEO
- The job holder will have responsibility for providing a wide range of proactive technical, and administrative support to the CEO’s Office, including activity planning, documentation, communication and reporting.
- Manage the administration of the CEO’s office in order to provide an enabling environment for efficient programming
- Proactively seek up-to-date knowledge of new developments in programming and brief the CEO adequately
- Contribute to the development and implementation of projects to respond to emerging issues
- Contribute to program design, implementation and review
- Maintain a network of contacts relevant to the organization on behalf of the CEO and facilitate interaction and communication on relevant matters
- Review documents and make summary notes to the CEO
- Assist with the preparation of documents for presentation Job Vacancy atstakeholder meetings
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents, as well as prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary
- Assist the CEO in prioritizing and tracking timelines and deliverables, as well as in following through on issues in a timely manner
- Undertake specific projects initiated by the CEO in order to support the programs
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondences as referred by the CEO
- Perform any other official task as may be assigned by the CEO
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A medical degree (MBBS or equivalent) and a MPH degree.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience in public health programs; and experience in managing confidential matters and working closely with top management is essential
Technical and Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Self-managed, with excellent organizational ability
- Ability to interact with all cadres of staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision-making ability and attention to detail
- Familiarity with the public health activities, especially in an HIV/AIDS environment
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint Internet browsing, emailing, etc.)
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s to: email@example.com stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above for each position.
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- The subject of the mail should be the job position being applied for. All applications must be received on or before the above closing date.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.