We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Household Economic Strengthening and Food Security
Department: Programs/ SMILE Project
Position Band: C-1
Reports To: Technical Advisor -Household Economic Strengthening
- The Technical officer HES will assist the Technical Advisors on HES in the capacity strengthening of CSOs to provide high quality livelihood services for vulnerable households and populations.
- S/he will assist in the development of assessment tools, analysis of household vulnerability assessment results and articulation of appropriate relevant interventions to address identified gaps
- S/he will be responsible for writing reports of HES Community of Practice meetings and trainings while providing logistical and programmatic support during such activities
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline.
- A certificate in agricultural economics, food science, public health or a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in VC programing especially in household economic strengthening with good knowledge of community-based programming and program management responsibilities. Experience working with an international NGO will be an advantage
- Technical skills and experience in household economic strengthening. Experience in agriculture, food technology, savings-led microfinance methodology will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate training in key areas including savings-led microfinance, private-service provider models, and agro-enterprise
- Experience working with household poverty and food security assessment tools such as Nigeria Progress out of Poverty Tool, Household Hunger Scale or Poverty Assessment Tool
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working job ata distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team of professionals
- Demonstrated experience in Nigeria VC response, VC programming principles and integrated programming approaches
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org