We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Team Manager (M4P Portfolio Manager)
Job Code: 2809
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Project Title: Market Development in the Niger Delta (MADE)
Reports to: Team Leader
Date of Issue: August 2016
- Market Development in the Niger Delta (MADE) is a 4.5 year design and implement programme thjob atuses the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach to generate pro-poor and inclusive economic growth in the non-oil sectors of the nine Niger Delta States.
- The programme’s stated objective is to raise the incomes of job atleast 150,000 poor people, 50 per cent of whom will be women, by up to 50 per cent.
- The programme’s base is Port Harcourt, with project offices in Abuja and Warri.
Objectives of the Role
- The Technical Team Manager (TTM) position will be integral to achieving MADE’s stated aims. She/he will provide technical leadership, guidance and oversight to the Implementation Team in the design, implementation, and management of M4P interventions in the Agricultural Inputs, Cassava, Fisheries, Finished Leather Goods, Household Poultry and Palm Oil Value Chains.
- The TTM will ensure effective coordination and collaboration with the Cross-cutting Managers in the Advocacy and Communications, Access to Finance, Gender, Grants, and Measurement and Results Management functional areas as well as with the Operations and Finance Manager.
- S/he will work in close collaboration with the Team Leader and Senior Management Team to develop, realise, and communicate the programme’s strategic vision to internal and external stakeholders.
- The TTM will have line management responsibilities for the Technical Team. They will be responsible for ensuring thjob atIntervention Managers and Officers are effectively and appropriately managed to deliver programme results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Intervention Design and Implementation:
- Coordinate and oversee the management of implementation activities in line with intervention strategies and results chains as well as programme strategy and milestones, both technical and financial.
- Guide intervention conceptualisation, design, adaptation, and scale-up in response to changing market realities.
- Guide annual and quarterly budget development in line with intervention strategies and results chains as well as overarching programme strategy and budget.
- Identify and engage with key project partners (i.e. private sector firms, co-facilitators etc.) to inform intervention design, elicit participation, and assess intervention progress as required.
- Identify and leverage synergies between intervention areas and activities.
- In collaboration with the Team Leader and Cross-cutting managers lead annual and quarterly work-planning (technical and financial) and review sessions.
- Ensure the delivery of quality quarterly and annual reports
Collaboration and Coordination with Cross-Cutting Functions:
- Proactively engage Cross-cutting area managers on intervention strategies and workplans
- Proactivity identify and communicate required areas of input and support in both intervention design and implementation.
- Proactively identify and leverage synergies between cross-cutting functions and value chains activities
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, inform programme’s strategic vision and direction, identifying areas for new intervention, scale-up or scale-down.
- Liaise with key programme stakeholders and participate in multi-stakeholder platforms on programme’s strategic approach, achievements, and lessons.
- Participate in Senior Management and Home-office Planning Meetings as required.
- Oversee technical team management, ensuring quality programme delivery (technical and financial) through mentoring and providing constructive feedback on areas of strength as well as required improvement.
- Identify and proactively resolve conflict between technical team as well as cross-cutting function members.
- Engage with the Team Leader and DAI Head Office on personnel issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Undertake tasks provided in agreed deliverables as planned and agreed with the Deputy Team Leader or Team leader to time and budget;
- Take responsibility when requested for periodic activities and ensure these are completed in a regular and effective manner
- Helpful and positive attitude
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Graduate degree in Economics, Business, or a related field
- 10 years’ experience working on agriculture and agri-business development programmes delivering demonstrated results, preferably in Africa
- 5 years’ experience designing and managing systemic development interventions (M4P and Value Chain) in developing countries, preferably in Africa
- Demonstrated experience leading complex teams
- Strong business management and financial management skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Previous experience with DFID funded projects would be advantageous
- Fluency English is required
Appliaction Closing Date
9th October, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online