We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Works Group Office Assistant (19/16 LOS)
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Estates
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- General administration of Technical Works Group (TWG) operation.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Monitoring the TWG inbox and helpdesk.
- Receiving phone calls/e-mails from clients regarding emergency maintenance requests.
- Control of the works requests cycle (reactive and day to day maintenance) this includes:- Originating/Receiving/Registering works request; Acknowledgement and delegating works to the relevant teams; Reporting on client’s satisfaction.
- Drafting notices and information to clients and replies to their queries.
- Filing of correspondence, purchase and contract documents.
- Co-ordination of the Pre-Planned Maintenance (PPM) regime
- Filling entries onto Pyramid.
- Preparation of Permanent staff overtimes on monthly basis.
- Administration of casual staff payroll.
- Compile property files and ensure they are up to date regarding Mini Building Hazards Risk Assesment required documentation.
- Receipting goods & services on prism.
- Asset management for TWG.
- GPC Card for general supplies; confirmation and payment.
- Administrative support for the TWG Foreman.
- Training co-ordinator for TWG.
- Administrative support for Technical works Supervisors.
- Advising and monitoring TWG Artisans in the correct use of Prism.
- Telephone tree co-ordinator
- Deal with Government utility departments and outside contractors when required
- Works requests analysis and to implement Estates management policies to increase work efficiencies.
- Complete the appraisal cycle as reporting and countersigning officer for line managed staff as delegated by the TWG foreman.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- IT literate and familiar in Microsoft office applications.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Organisational and project management skills
- Knowledge of building management
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering job at Pace
Starting monthly salary: N248,761
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2016.
1st November, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.