Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid.Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small installments using their mobile phones
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Manager
- The Training Manager will handle the learning and professional development of our organisation’s workforce. S/he will be responsible for equipping staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks.
- The Training Manager will also help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees’ skills, enabling them to fulfil their potential within the organisation. The Training Manager will be required to be strategic rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within the organisation and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills.
- The Training Manager will either deliver the training personally or arrange for a third-party trainer to do it.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- A degree from any related course with at least 7 years’ experience as a trainer
- Understands latest trend in Training
- Certification in training would be an advantage (A certified trainer)
- Strong business awareness combined with solid HR expertise
- Proven experience in managing people and senior stakeholders
- Proven track record of delivering results in an establishment of comparable size, scope and complexity
- Membership of HR professional body
- English proficiency
- Alternate Energy Business knowledge & experience
- Project Management
- Organizational management skill
Other requirements (Behavioral etc.):
- Plans & Aligns: Planning & prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Critical Thinking: Ability to develop or assess materials that will help employees understand subject matter. Must understand employees needs and judge what will work
- Resourcefulness: Securing & deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Drive for results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Decision Making & Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keeps the organization moving forward. Must be able to identify the best programs to train employees on to meet the needs of the organization
- Self-Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Builds networks: Effectively building formal & informal relationships networks inside and outside the organization
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
- Communication Skills: Must be able to speak fluently and make presentations to groups of employees, speak interpersonally with individuals, report to management and meet with vendors. Must be friendly, clear and a strong speaker
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.