The Edith Cowan University is offering Tura New Music PhD Scholarship for 2017 intake. The scholarship is open to Australian students for pursuing HDR – Higher Degree Research (including Masters by Research) at Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
The aim is to better understand the impact of current program delivery upon audiences, providing information that assists Tura in its development of new programs and marketing. The candidate will engage information and communication technologies to assist Tura to develop digital strategies for program delivery.
Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman. ECU offers innovative and practical courses across a variety of disciplines and we have a vibrant research culture. ECU is a leader in developing alternative entry pathways to higher education.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing HDR – Higher Degree Research (including Masters by Research) at Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of music.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship worth $27,000 p.a. plus student support research costs.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Selection for a postgraduate research scholarship is based on academic merit and research capability within the University’s research strengths.
- Successful applicants typically have first class honours or have completed a Master degree by research with additional research output such as research publications and/or successful research grant applications and research experience.
Courses: Scholarship applicants should have
- Completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours or equivalent;
- Submitted an application for course admission for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) course.
Applicants must not have completed any of the following:
- An Australian Research Doctorate Degree or equivalent;
- A Master by Research if seeking admission to an ECU Master by Research.
Nationality: Australian citizens can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit scholarship application and documentation by the closing date for the scholarship via email. Complete the Scholarship Application (DOC), including
- CV and a cover letter including evidence of experience or interest in acquisition of skill and/or talent identification research and your experience in coaching or working with coaches at an elite level;
- Information on your research publications or research grants you have received: Documenting Research Experience (PDF);
- Two Academic Referees to support your scholarship application, using the PG Academic Referee Report (PDF).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 21 October 2016.