The Governing Council of Delta State University hereby announces thjob atthe position of the University Librarian is vacant. In accordance with the Edict establishing the Delta State University, Council wishes to commence the process for appointment of a substantive University Librarian.
Consequently, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons with requisite qualifications and cognate experience for consideration for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is the Head and Officer in charge of the University Library, and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and co-ordination of all Library services in the University and its Campuses, Colleges, Faculties, Departments, Institutes and other teaching or research units.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates for the post of the University Librarian must possess Doctoral degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Librarianship or a Doctoral degree in Library Science from a recognized university and membership of relevant professional bodies plus job atleast eighteen (18) years post qualification experience, most of which (12 years) must be within a University Library.
- He or she should have adequate publications in reputable National and International journals.
- He/she must possess adequate leadership experience as well as high degree of competence, integrity and dependability.
- The person must be computer literate.
- Candidates below the rank of Deputy University Librarian need not apply.
- The candidate must not be more than 60 years of age job atthe time of assumption of office.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single tenure of five (5) years on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment. Other allowances and fringe benefits are as applicable in the Nigerian University System.
Salary Scale (New Consolidated Salary Structure) CONUASS 7 Step 1.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward 25 copies of typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their Certificates. Candidates are required to give the following information in their CV’s:
- Full Names (Surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality, State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with dates of birth)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Details of Previous and Present Appointments
- Publications (if any/where applicable)
- Extra-Curricula Activities and Names and Addresses of three Referees.
All Applications should be forward to:
Delta State University,
P.M.B. 1, Abraka,
- Candidates should also request their referees to send reports on them under confidential cover, direct to the Registrar from whom further details may be obtained and relevant credentials
- Late applications will not be entertained.
- Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.