Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. programme Job Vacancy at Université Laval in Quebec, Canada.
Study Subject: The specific objectives of the research project are:
- To evaluate the effect of the helix angle, rake angle, cutting depth, and wood moisture content on the surface quality.
- To evaluate the chip formation mechanism, the noise intensity, the energy requirements, the dust production, and the cutting forces as function of the cutting parameters.
Scholarship can be taken in: Quebec City, Canada
Location: Renewable Materials Research Centre (CRMR), Pavillon Gene H. Kruger, Université Laval.
The candidate must hold a B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in wood science, mechanical engineering or a closely related discipline with preferably a wood science background. Proficiency in English and French (written and oral) communication are necessary. The studies will be held in French.
Nationality: Candidates of all nationalities can apply for these Ph.D. scholarships.
Scholarship Award: The offered position is part of an interesting and challenging project which will contribute to the improvement of the Canadian forest industry. The job will be carried out in an international environment focusing on research, industrial partnership and innovation. The Université Laval (UL) is the oldest French-language university in North America. It is among the largest universities in Canada and a leading university in knowledge, research, and innovation of wood sciences. By choosing UL, you’re opting for an intellectually stimulating campus in the beautiful Québec City.
Stipend: 21 000 CAN $/year during three years.
How to apply: Applications must include the following documents:
- Cover letter of motivation,
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. academic transcripts,
- A resume/curriculum vitae which fully describes qualifications and experience and provides contact information for three professional references.
Applicants should send all the required documents to: Claudia Cáceres – Claudia.caceres-at-sbf.ulaval.ca
Application deadline: Applications will be received until April 30th2017 or until the position is filled.