A Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (SKO 1352) is available at ConceptLab Job Vacancy at Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas, University of Oslo (UiO). Norwegian applicants can apply for the fellowship.
The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must have PhD with a specialization in philosophy or another relevant background (the dissertation should be successfully defended by the start of the contract).
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for Postdoctoral programme Job Vacancy at University of Oslo in Norway.
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Philosophy Job Vacancy at University of Oslo.
- Salary level 486 100 – 567 100 NOK per year, depending on qualifications
- a challenging and stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
- A PhD with a specialization in philosophy or another relevant background (the dissertation should be successfully defended by the start of the contract)
- The candidate’s research project must be closely connected to the research theme “Formal concepts”
- Good English language skills
In the evaluation of the applications, emphasis will be placed on:
- the project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- the applicant’s estimated academic and personal ability to carry out the project within the allotted time frame and to contribute to the main project
- the quality of the project description
- the candidate’s international experience and network
- good co-operative skills, and the ability to successfully join in academic collaboration within and across disciplines.
They are looking for a strongly motivated, competent and internationally oriented candidate, with high academic qualifications in the relevant area of research.
Nationality: Norwegian applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have PhD with a specialization in philosophy or another relevant background (the dissertation should be successfully defended by the start of the contract).
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in PDF format:
- Application letter with an expression of interest and specification of how the project will contribute to the research theme “Formal concepts”
- Writing example (maximum 7000 words)
- Curriculum Vitae with grades listed
- List of publications
- Project description (approximately 3-5 pages). The project description must present a feasible progress plan. It is expected thJob Vacancy at applicant will be able to complete the project during the period of appointment
- Two letters of reference should be sent separately to Lina Tosterud.
- Diplomas, certificates, doctoral thesis and other academic works will be requested later.
- Please note that all documents must be in English.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15 October 2016.