The German Global Leaders Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for students to learn from UQ experts within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law and to build professional experience with mentoring, opportunities to engage with industry and may also include an internship experience.
As one of Australia’s premier learning and research institutions, the University of Queensland (UQ) is internationally renowned for its highly awarded teaching staff, world-class facilities and superior campus environment. It is ranked inside the world’s top 50 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2015.
Students must have completed the recognised sub-degree (Associate Degree or Higher Diploma) programs. Applicants should have at least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate coursework Job Vacancy at University of Queensland.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Business, Economics, Law and Tourism programs excluding the MBA.
Scholarship Award: 100% Tuition fee waiver for up to 4 semesters for students who undertake postgraduate study in the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law (excluding the MBA).
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Citizens of Germany, who normally reside in Germany.
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant postgraduate program and who are commencing students at UQ.
- The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that this opportunity is not open to students studying or residing in Australia
Nationality: Applicants from Germany can apply for this postgraduate scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Undergraduate opportunities: students who have studied A Levels, STPM, GCE, SAM, AUSMAT, UEC, or Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) (or equivalent senior secondary qualification/ study) in Malaysia. High achieving students undertaking an articulation pathway or seeking credit transfer from a recognised institution in Malaysia are also encouraged to apply and for Postgraduate opportunities: students that have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
English language Requirements: To meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements, applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
- At score equivalent to four semesters of Sound Achievement in Queensland Studies Authority English or Australian or international equivalent. Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs.
- At least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements; see individual program requirements.
- Other equivalent tests such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic are also accepted and other qualifications and experience may also be considered.
- Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange students are only required to meet the overall score (eg 6.5 IELTS or 87 TOEFL or 64 PTE).
Test Requirements: If applicants are demonstrating their English proficiency with an IELTS test score, they must attach a copy of the IELTS test result to their application which university will verify.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- For internet-based (IBT), computer-based (CBT) and paper-based TOEFL tests, applicants must attach a copy of the TOEFL test result to their application which university will verify.
Note: UQ does not generally accept TOEFL results for quota-based programs, nor does it accept institutional TOEFL tests.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via e-mail and also by post. The applicant must submit the following documents:-
- Scholarship Application Form
- CV/ Resume
- Motivation Letter/Personal Statement
- Letter of Objectives
- Reference Letters
- Application Form
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 November 2016.