We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Upstream Oil Industry Analyst
Job Code: 5.3.01
Within the Research Division, the Energy Studies Department monitors, analyses and forecasts world energy developments in the medium and long term and reports thereon, in particular:
- Provides in-depth studies and reports on medium to long term energy issues; monitors developments and undertakes specific studies on energy demand and production-related technology and assesses implications for OPEC;
- Identifies and follows up key areas of energy-related emerging technologies and research and development (R&D) and facilitates and supports coordinated planning and implementation of collaborative energy related R&D programmes of OPEC Member Countries;
- Identifies prospects for OPEC participation in major international R&D activities;
- Carries out studies and reports on medium to long term developments in the petroleum industry;
- Provides effective tools for and carries out model based studies for analyses and projections of medium and long term energy supply/demand and downstream simulation;
- Elaborates OPEC Long Term Strategy and monitors, analyses and reports on relevant national or regional policies, such as fiscal, energy, trade and environmental, and assesses their impacts on energy markets.
Objective of Position
- The Upstream Oil Industry Analyst carries out studies and analyses on medium- to long-term conventional oil supply as well as assesses potential medium- to long-term supply capacities of conventional oil in both OPEC and non-OPEC countries and analyses its main determinants (reserves, investment trends, technology advances, etc.).
- He/she monitors and analyses the evolution of upstream related costs and investments to conventional oil supply and their impacts on exploration and production activities worldwide and contributes to the World Oil Outlook.
- Carries out analyses and studies of medium- to long-term conventional oil supply prospects and contributes to the World Oil Outlook;
- Analyses upstream exploration and production costs for conventional oil;
- Studies capacity expansion and investment plans and requirements for conventional oil in OPEC and in non-OPEC regions;
- Studies, analyses and forecasts relevant technological changes and assesses their impact on the medium- to long-term oil recovery rate, production and costs;
- Collects and analyses data and information related to upstream conventional oil, including all activities and development processes in exploration and production;
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and various international forums.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geology or related Sciences;
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 8 years in the field of oil exploration, production or reservoir engineering in an oil company or petroleum-related government agency
- Advanced university degree: 6 years
- Advanced upstream technology
- Good knowledge of planning and analysis of upstream activities, including modelling and/or project evaluation
- Basic knowledge of the environmental impact of upstream activities an asset
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
Status and Benefits
- Members of the SecretariJob Vacancy atare international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is Job Vacancy atgrade E reporting to the Head of Energy Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
- Applicants are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) for OPEC.
- In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC SecretariJob Vacancy atthrough the relevant Governor not later than closing date stated above.