Visiting fellows have the opportunity to use their stay Job Vacancy at BGHS to work intensively on their dissertation, visit degree programme courses and build contacts to our scientific community.
Bielefeld University is a university in Bielefeld, Germany. Founded in 1969, it is one of the country’s newer universities, and considers itself a “reform” university, following a different style of organization and teaching than the established universities
Students need to demonstrate that students have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: This is a four months fellowships programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is available to promote international scientific and cultural exchange.
Scholarship Award: Fellows receive a computer work station for the duration of their stipend. The grant consists of a EUR 1,200 stipend per month. This amount will be supplemented by a child allowance if applicable. Upon application, travel costs can also be covered by the Graduate School.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
- All international doctoral researchers may apply who are matriculated in a doctoral programme abroad and whose dissertation has a historical, sociological, social-anthropological or political science focus. German nationals may also apply if their tertiary education has been at foreign universities. The visiting fellowships further networking with scientists Job Vacancy at BGHS, therefore no prolonged archival or research trips should take place within this period.
- The candidates present their project to the BGHS community Job Vacancy at beginning of their stay and submit a final report by the end of their funding period.
- To ensure that applicant’s project fits with the BGHS profile, they should take a close look Job Vacancy at areas of research covered by the graduate school. Project should be relatable to those areas. Applicant can find an overview of the areas of research and the professors working Job Vacancy at BGHS here.
Nationality: German and international doctoral researchers are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that students have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applications for summer term 2017 (1 April to 31 July 2017) should be submitted via the online application portal no later than 15 January 2017. Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (1,000 words max.)
- Covering letter (600 words max.)
- Description of your dissertation project(2,000 words max.)
- Work schedule and timeframe for your stay Job Vacancy at BGHS
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor/advisor at your university (If preferred, your supervisor/advisor can send the letter directly to the BGHS
- University and college certificates and transcripts (Master’s certificate). Please enclose a certified translation if certificates are not written in English or German.
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is 15 January 2017.