WFP is seeking individuals with experience working in culturally sensitive, remote, and complex environments, to fill the position below job atthe P3 level, based in Abuja, Nigeria:
Job Title: Vulnerability Analysis Mapping (VAM) Officer
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Deputy Country Director, the VAM Officer will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Provide technical advice and support WFP and its partners on matters pertaining to food security and nutrition strategies, policies, programmes, and facilitate the timely and productive use of related outputs in a manner thjob atcomplies with WFP standards and processes.
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
- Manage and/or conduct food security, nutrition, markets and resilience analysis and prepare timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies, processes and guidance to enable effective decision-making on the development of country strategy, policies and programmes.
- Keep up to date with and advise on food assistance developments and issues and the potential impact upon WFP activity to enable timely and appropriate programme evolution and intervention.
- Contribute to the development of programme activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation and recommendations to facilitate food assistance needs to be met effectively.
- Provide coaching and guidance to VAM staff as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of WFP activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation and information as required to support the assessment of activity impact.
- Represent WFP during meetings with partners to contribute to technical discussions, exchange of knowledge and experience, and seek for appropriate interventions (based on an evidence base), and areas for potential collaboration.
- Build capacity of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct analysis on food security, nutrition, markets, resilience, and related topics to effectively inform policies and programmes.
- Provide support to relevant partners thjob atare focusing on food security and nutrition to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practice.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Advanced University degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional post graduate experience, including job atleast 1 year of international experience.
- Collecting geospatial and socioeconomic food security data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
- Led surveys, multiple assessments in countries, including the design, data collection and analysis.
- Participated in design and implementation of programmes focusing in food security.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year and eligible for the Rest and Recuperation (R&R) scheme.
- He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan, and medical insurance. For more details please visit: icsc.un.org
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
- Qualified African national and female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.