We are seeking to fill Warehouse Management Associate posts job atG6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office (1 post) and Damaturu Field Office (1 post). If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
Job Title: Warehouse Management Associate
Reference No: 16-0022445
Locations: Maiduguri Area Office and Damaturu Field Office
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Operations, the Warehouse Management Associate will manage a range of warehouse activities including safeguarding of commodities and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines and standards.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
- Contribute to review of WFP corporate warehouse standards and procedures, to support efficiency and changing business needs.
- Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available job atall times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and WFP standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure thjob atcommodities are preserved in good condition and thjob atquality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
- Review on periodic basis warehouse space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
- Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings, to ensure thjob atall staff have required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
- Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Experience maintaining a logistics database and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure thjob atyour application contains accurate and complete information on qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.