We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wells Operations Superintendent
Req ID: 1018
- Coordinate drilling operations in order to maximise the use of use of rigs, hydraulic workover unit, personnel and rentals Job Vacancy atwellsite
- Mentor and ensure thJob Vacancy atall activity on the wellsite are performed according to procedures, in with IADC and standard oilfield practices.
- Participate in contractors and rig service vendors evaluation
- Ensure regulatory requirements are compiled with on all wellsite operations
- Encourage continuous improvement in operations
- Ensure all documentation from wellsite IADC report are approved for repository.
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atall incidences on the wellsite are properly investigated and closed out.
- Monitor drilling engineering parameters to support drilling operation
- Manage cost control within limits of authority.
- Provide clear stewardship reporting on an as-required and exceptions basis to drilling manager
- Ensure Wellsite HSE Emergency Response Systems are periodically tested with simulation exercises
- Observe all company health, safety and environmental instructions are implemented Job Vacancy atwellsite.
- Imbibe in the wellsite the culture of reporting unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injuries in the workplace and capability to initiate second line mitigation action in emergency events
- Not interfere with, remove, displace or make ineffective any safeguard, safety device, equipment or appliance provided for health, safety and environmental purposes.
- Coordinate the shakedown of new rigs and workover units
- 25 years of experience as a drilling professional with an independent or major oil company
- Possess extensive industry training and a valid well control certification (IWCF- L4, Shell round 2 certificate may be an advantage)
- 3 years’ minimum experience as a driller and 5 years’ minimum experience as rig superintendent or equivalent position
- 3 – 4 years’ minimum experience as Hydraulic Workover Unit superintendent the Niger Delta or swamp operations
- Technical knowledge of drilling and completing oil and gas wells
- Hands on experience drilling wells with a detailed understanding of drilling techniques and equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of drill bits, drilling motors, and drilling rig circulating system
- Experience with various weighted and non-weighted mud systems (WBM, OBM, SSM and completion fluids)
- Ability to coordinate operations of multiple rigs and HWU in a safe and cost effective manner
- HND, BSc or BEng certificate
- Completions Engineer, Drilling Operations, E&I COMMISSIONING, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Production
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online