We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Women in Politics (WiP) Intern
- The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks to recruit an Intern to support the implementation of its two-year “Women in Politics (WiP)” Program funded by the British Department for International Development (DFID).
- The program involves working with a wide category of stakeholders including legislators, politicians, religious and traditional rulers, and the media to strengthen the representation and participation of women in politics.
- Based in Abuja, Nigeria, this position may require travel to WiP implementing states (Adamawa, Anambra, Enugu, Kaduna and Lagos).
- The Intern is expected to resume on February 1, 2017 for the duration of six months.
- With supervision, create initial draft of budgets for program activities
- Assist in organizing conferences, workshops and meetings
- Take notes in trainings, conferences, workshops and meetings
- Develop sign in sheets and program evaluation forms for events, keep program information and records, track program impacts on stakeholders and supports in program monitoring and evaluation
- Collect data and program information from the field in accordance with program requirements
- Attend and report back to the team on selected internal meetings and external events
- Conduct regular analyses of gender issues that may have significant impact on the program
- Deliver program documents to stakeholders and partners
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the WiP Program
- Provide required material for workshop participants and coordinate the workshop secretariat
- Draft weekly program updates
- Schedule meetings with partners and other stakeholders
- Identify and document opportunities within the program for lessons learning and sharing
- Fulfill other program duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Social Sciences or related discipline
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in gender or political participation
- Extensive knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications and basic knowledge in information communication technology (ICT) as well as experience in social media platforms
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English to effectively present information, respond to questions and prepare written reports in a professional manner.
Application Closing Date
12noon, Monday, 16th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org including the Vacancy Title as the subject line in the email.
- Interested candidates MUST be resident in Abuja.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Intern would work with NDI Abuja and Washington-based regional staff. This position reports to the WiP Program manager. NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.