We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Accountant, Financial Operations (Supervisory)
- To account for all company-wide Financial Operations activities (Fixed Assets, Revenue Management, Expenditure Operations, Business Support and General Ledger), support various divisions on financial issues and maintain commercial relationships with external stakeholders.
- Review relevant general ledger accounts (Income statement and Balance Sheet), the A.ge analysis of Balance Sheet accounts, relevant general ledger/sub- ledger accounts, reconciliation of weekly and monthly performance reports, relevant schedules and reports for accuracy and completeness in line with set accounting standards.
- Review and approve journal vouchers and other financial transactions for posting in ERP system.
- Supervise the implementation of finance policies, processes and procedures and e.nsure strict adherence to established internal controls, MTN PPP’s, IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Work with Financial Operations Manager to prepare departmental budgets and provide support in daily unit administrative activities in line with the strategic objectives.
- Provide input into relevant management and board papers, review supporting documents/back up schedules to meet audit and regulatory requirements as well as analyse/interpret data to facilitate decision making.
- Ensure efficient optimisation of databases/systems and prompt resolution of all reconciling items.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators in order to meet all month end r.eporting deadlines.
- Oversee daily operations of the department as well as safeguard company assets and maintain customer/vendor relationships.
- Coach and train direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and identify opportunities for team members.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Maintain a strict control environment and ensure strict compliance with all MTNN policies and procedures.
- Analyse/prepare relevant information for annual budget and financial forecasting; and assist in managing inter-company relationships.
- Supervise/review operational cash flow projection and utilization as well as processing of account payable.
- Work with Financial Operations Manager to identify /rectify error in the entry and remittance of Withholding Tax deductions.
- Establish trends and benchmarks for cash transactions per accounts and prepare reports to assist with pricing decisions.
- Review and approve departmental accrual submissions as well as provide detailed investigation and analysis of all accounts.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Requirements, Experience & Training
- A first degree in any discipline,a finance and management related degree is desirable.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in core accounting function
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in using an ERP system is desirable
- Experience in Finance functions in the telecommunications industry would be an added advantage.
- Numerate and analytical skills.
- Effective communication.
- Assertiveness in workplace.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Time management.
- Personal Effectiveness.
- Creative thinking.
- Telecommunication Basics.
- Knowledge update on accounting and financial standards and best practices.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online