We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service & Logistics Leader – West Africa
Job Number: 1900159
Job: CS&L Management
Position Purpose Statement
- Leads all activities on a country level that influences the ability to service our customers in an efficient and cost effective manner. This includes activities related to demand planning, replenishment and deployment of finished goods, delivery of goods to customers and working closely with our customers to optimise the end to end supply chain.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Drive integration of the supply chain by aligning product sourcing, logistics operations, customer service, using defined methods and applications.
- Drive smooth co-operation with Marketing, Finance, Sales and Manufacturing in order to deliver the business goals and high level of customer service.
- Develop, recommend and implement local strategies and plans for supply chain development to meet current and future business and customers’ needs, as well as the cost and productivity targets. Ensure operation controls and compliance.
- Establish communication channels across the business unit and various functions in order to ensure proper information flow and on time projects execution.
- Define and manage finished goods inventory levels to ensure high goods availability and low waste of finish goods as well as raw and pack materials
- Jointly own the local IBP process with the country GM to ensure accuracy of demand and distribution planning.
- Manage and develop CS&L team to ensure its competencies are aligned with the Organisation needs.
Examples of external complexity factors: economic environment; competitive market conditions; trade structure; social/political/labour structures and environments; corporate affairs/mass media environment; technological environment; etc..
- Sales within Traditional trade, Local Modern Trade and International Accounts channels across diverse categories.
- Keeping abreast of category issues that may arise.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure alignment to business goals
- Balancing conflicting agendas for maximum profitability (COT vs Customer profitability)
- Legislative and economic fluctuations that influence sales within Traditional trade channels
- The effect of commodity prices and inflation on Traditional trade markets
- Lack of barrier to entry into channel leading to a large number of competitors with lower priced products competing in a market
- Weak economy leading to high levels of unemployment and therefore influencing the sales target achievement across channels
- Complex route-to-market across a vast geographic landscape.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements:
- University Degree
- Knowledge in Supply Chain strategies and executions, knowledge in Sales Strategies development as well as operation
- Good understanding of finance flow development and information systems configurations.
- Knowledge of SAP – OTC and APO
- Strategic agility
- Outstanding people management skills; ability to lead, guide and motivate and develop a team
- Cross-functional experience, especially in Sales and Finance, would be an asset.
- 10-12 years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics and/or Customer Service management experience, ideally with an FMCG company.
- People / conflict management experience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online