FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Demand Creation Officer
Requisition – 2018202320
Job type: Full time
- Fhi 360 is pursuing an upcoming funding opportunity that will assist the Government of Nigeria and the Ministry of Health through Health Initiatives.
- The project will focus on: advocacy and accountability, data for delivery and health prioritization, strengthening health systems and leadership, human resources for health, private sector, demand for family planning and demographic analysis and communication.
- FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Demand Creation Specialist, Kaduna for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Demand Creation Specialist will be responsible for:
- Support project to evolve the demand creation strategies and drive evidenced based innovation for replication across 5 target states
- Design and implement effective, low-cost solutions to strengthen the delivery of primary health care services for women and their families.
- Promote the appropriate and effective use of social and behavior change methodologies and research techniques to build demand creation and support states on the execution of marketing/demand creation strategies
- Provide leadership for capacity building, coaching and mentoring of staff and local counterparts including developing and implementing annual training plans, learning activities and materials to support capacity building in demand creation.
- Provide technical and program oversight and direction in the marketing of integrated health programming
- Coordinate with other technical areas, to assure appropriate demand creation and marketing technical support and alignment is embedded in program implementation to ensure marketing supports program objectives
- Help guiding programmatic revisions as needed, and contribute to the evaluation of results
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in Public Health, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing quality improvement programs. Application of Demand Creation to health services preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with DFID-funded programs preferred.
- Knowledge of and work experience in Nigeria preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.