They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director
- We are looking to recruit an experienced professional, to take up the role of an Executive Director in the company.
- The choice candidate will be responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
- He/she ultimately ensures that the Organization delivers on its impact goals and objectives as set by the Board.
- Other key duties include fundraising, Program implementation and community outreach.
- This position reports directly to the Board of trustees.
Board Governance – Works with the board in order to fulfil the Company’s mission:
- Responsible for leading the Company in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of trustees.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions: Inform the Board of operational activities, progress toward goals, and issues.
- Maintain open communications and a cooperative relationship with the Board of Directors
- Provide policy information, advice and recommendations to the Board in formats that facilitate decision making.
- Implement decisions and policies of the Board.
- Responsible for designing strategic plans, setting goals and key performance indicators, for board approval.
Funding and Sustainability – Generates resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the Organization:
- Responsible for ensuring operational sustainability of the Company’s programs and interventions to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflects the funding interventions from donors and the effective administration of such funds.
- Responsible for securing funding opportunities and sponsorship that aligns with the Company’s core thematic areas and interventions.
- Generally anticipates operating within approved program budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the Company’s mission and vision.
Organization’s Mission & Strategy – Works with Board and Staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach:
- Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Company can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Company’s image by being active and visible in the ecosystem.
Organization Relationship with Agencies – Oversees and implements appropriate relationship with funding agencies to ensure the Company runs a a sustainable entity:
- Pursue the acquisition and management of resources to accomplish its mission and achieve business goals while protecting Company’s assets.
- Develop plans for generation of adequate funding.
- Develop and maintain relationships with funding agencies.
- Monitor the expenditure of funds within approved budgets.
- Acquire and maintain facilities suitable for service delivery, safety, and comfort of clients and staff.
- Maintain adequate financial reserves.
- Obtain an annual independent audit.
- Ensure that the Company obtains and maintains the necessary certifications, licenses, and accreditation, and that it operates within the law and compliance with program requirements and contractual obligations, including insurance payer contracts with health plans.
- Maintain nonprofit corporate status.
- Ensure compliance with key employment and regulatory statutes
Organization Operations – Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the Organization are as should:
- Oversee a team of senior leaders to manage programs and partnership functions.
- Define an optimal organizational structure, recruit talented staff, and strive for a high-quality workforce.
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization.
- Create a culture of collaboration, transparency, and communication throughout the organization.
- Ensure that a system of financial controls is in place for timely and accurate reporting of financial and program data and results.
- Achieve budgetary and financial performance goals and pursue sustainability.
- Responsible and effective administration of Company operations.
Key Performance Measurement
In this role, key performance measurement will be based on the following:
- Fundraising goals
- Impact goals
- Organizational health goals
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- NonProfit management background OR business background with Social Enterprise management experience.
- Demonstrated language skills, including demonstrated experience in:
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting common financial reports, and legal documents.
- Responding to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the NonProfit community.
- Writing speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Presenting information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Reasoning ability, including demonstrated experience in:
- Budget development and managing a budget.
- Financial planning; Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience that demonstrates a commitment to diversity and cultural awareness.
- Experience that demonstrates core behaviors and values:
- Accountability, including setting challenging objectives, following through on commitments, and meeting or exceeding expected results.
- Adaptability, including responding to change with a positive attitude, willingness to try new approaches to work, changing behavior style when necessary to achieve a goal, and finding creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Professionalism, including maintaining firm and appropriate boundaries in a variety of settings and situations.
- Emotional intelligence, including self-management, emotional balance, orientation toward achievement, adaptability, positive outlook, social awareness, empathy, organizational awareness, and the ability to motivate others.
- Collaboration, including cooperatively working through issues and conflicts toward effective solutions, establishing rapport with people, and developing and maintaining a network of contacts who can provide information, help, and access to others.
- Continuous learning that demonstrates an eagerness to acquire knowledge, skills, and judgement.
- Customer service, including a focus on understanding customers’ needs in a professional manner and displaying kindness and genuineness towards others.
- Stewardship by demonstrating an understanding of the link between one’s own job responsibilities and overall Human Development Center goals and needs.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online