We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Head of Acquisition – Jumia
Department: Acquisition & Account Management
Job Type: Full Time
- The Head of Vendor Acquisition will lead Jumia Vendor Acquisition Strategy, which at a high level includes Vendor Acquisition, Vendor Retention, Vendor Development, Vendor Experience and Vendor Education.
- You will be responsible for driving growth and revenue from Vendors across product lines.
- In addition to organic growth, this position will develop relationships with channel partners to meet Vendor acquisition targets as required.
In particular, you will:
- Acquire and incubate key target sellers, in line with our long-term strategic plan
- Implement campaigns and initiatives for new sellers to boost their performance
- Devise a plan to acquire vendors and products to fuel an aggressive growth
- Break down regional targets into individual targets for each team member and ensure targets are achieved
- Devise and implement online and offline strategies to source leads
- Liaises with category team to drive and growth individual categories (e.g. Electronics, Health & Beauty, Fashion)
- Manage a team of acquisition agents and optimize their performance
- Directly interact with key new sellers to build relationship and ensure strong performance with Jumia
- Ensure overall sales target are met through planning, forecasting, marketing and collaboration with internal teams.
- Recommend processes and performance measures to improve and motivate team in line with the company objectives.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in related courses which include; Business Administration/Management, Sales, Marketing, Economics.
- Minimum of 5 years of Vendor Management/Acquisitions and/or Business Development & Account Management experience is required
- Previous experience in fast-paced high-pressure sales environment with short closing cycles
- E-commerce experience is a plus
- Good relationship with top distributors in Major markets across different product categories would be an added advantage.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online