United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Tax Planning and Strategy
Reference No: GF2018003
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Finance
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate
- Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
- We are currently seeking to hire for the position of Head, Tax Planning and Strategy who will support the Group Head, Tax Management in tax planning and in the developing of tax strategies across the Group.
Our ideal candidate should be able to:
- Monitor, analyze and execute tax planning initiatives in relation to potential tax reforms or changes in tax legislation
- Prepare financial analysis of the tax implications of various planning proposals
- Liaise with various subsidiaries in respect of tax issues and opportunities across countries, divisions, geographic areas, business groups, and staff functions
- Support the Group Head of tax to integrate the Bank’s tax strategy into the business and subsidiaries and enforce the implementation and adoption of the group’s tax risk management policy
- Perform Nigeria and global tax analysis of restructuring or integration of foreign subsidiary and domestic operations
- Provide recommendations for tax efficient funding and use of funds based on global cash needs
- Support the Group Head, Tax to manage the Bank’s global repatriation and dividend planning process
- Serve as a link for business with tax on special projects involving tax input.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Business/Finance/ Accounting/Tax (2.2 minimum).
- Professional Tax Certification and/or ACA/ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
Skills and Competences:
- Comprehensive knowledge of international tax and tax modelling or planning.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to speak French will be an added advantage
- A self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines and able to take ownership.
- Team player who is able to work closely with the businesses and Finance teams.
- Willing to travel across Africa.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online