United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: ICT / Data Management Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reference No: GF2018004
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Data Management,Finance
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate
- Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
- We are currently seeking to hire an ICT/Data Management Specialist who will develop and manage data that is audit ready and can be used for tax planning and strategy across the Group
Our ideal candidate should be able to:
- Support team with a variety of data analytic tasks including: data collection/retrieval from source systems (Banking software and ERP), data loading/normalization, testing for accuracy/completeness, tax analysis/modeling, and reporting/communicating results
- Manage large data sets including data in unusual formats, transforming data into a usable form, and aggregating data as needed using a variety of tools
- Assist in developing custom data analysis solutions (largely in Excel) to provide data for tax planning for business scenarios and provide meaningful insight
- Prepare documentation and analytical reports for tax models that effectively summarize and present procedures, assumptions, and conclusions
- Have the ability to work independently, cross functions, manage a project team of both internal and contract resources, interact directly with other functional resources to obtain relevant data and documents in formats consistent with project objectives and deadlines, review project deliverables, and resolve project issues
- Have advanced Excel VBA programming experience is a plus, basic understanding of Legal Entity accounting required, tax systems experience is a plus but not required.
- Have experience with visualizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or a Business related course (Minimum 2.2)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in working with large data sets, SQL and /or data analytics tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to speak French will be an added advantage
- A self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines and able to take ownership.
- Team player who is able to work closely with the businesses and Finance teams.
- Willing to travel across Africa
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online