RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International, hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Institutional and Policy Development Specialist (IPDS)
Locations: Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto, Taraba
Slot: 6 Openings
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- Your responsibilities will include supporting the program to strengthen the policy, institutional and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services (including establishing accountability mechanisms). This will include implementing activities to create a favorable environment for urban WASH sector reform. Facilitating the development of a clear and coherent WASH policy, defining an institutional and regulatory framework and coordinating the development of the appropriate legal framework. Finally establishing clear accountability measures.
- Your other role will be to support the transformation agenda through supporting the creation of autonomous SWBs based on good corporate governance structures. This means supporting the SWBs to adopt a corporate structure (facilitate with the State Government leadership appointment of a Board of Directors), including management and a professional board of directors that represent a diverse cross-section of stakeholders and possible shareholders (including consumer interests) with clearly defined roles and responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Institutional Development, Corporate Governance, Regulatory Reforms, Engineering, Development Studies or any such related fields.
- Minimum of master’s degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Experience in designing and undertaking institutional restructuring will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of WASH policy development, regulatory reform and social accountability
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letters and CV’s as one single Word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org Using the Job Title and Location as the subject e.g “IPDS Abia”, “IPDS Delta”, “IPDS Imo”, “IPDS Niger”, “IPDS Sokoto” or “IPDS Taraba” (no other text should be on this subject line) If you would like to be considered in 2 or more states, then you have to submit two or more applications but stating the states of your interest as per the above instruction.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis hence i.e we stop recruiting as soon as the right candidate is found. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. This is a re-advertisement hence you are required to re-apply if you had done so earlier. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V