We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Analyst
Reporting Line: Supervisor/Head, Internal ControlsSupervisor/Head, Internal Controls
- This position will be required to complete scheduled internal control reviews. Based on audit report findings and/or internal control reviews, the analyst will identify business process inadequacies and/or gaps and recommend necessary improvements.
- The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across branch offices as regards business processes and internal controls.
- He will also develop and run scripts for data validation in order to ensure the integrity of the figures captured in the company’s financial statement.
- This will enhance business intelligence and controls around financial reporting.
Dimensions of the Job:
- Control Environment
- Control Weakness
- Exception Reports/Infractions.
Tasks and Activities (Key Result Areas-Job Output)
Internal Control Strategy:
- Implement Internal Control strategy in alignment with Organizational objectives
- Provide an atmosphere that allow for independence, objectivity and excellence
- Design and implement effective and adequate controls around the operations of the Company and ensures active monitoring and timely feedback on progress towards achievement of operational and strategic objectives
- Run scripts for data validation in order to ensure the integrity of the figures captured in the company’s financial statement
Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Monitoring of controls:
- Work with various departments to develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Implementation and monitoring of various controls
- Ensure adequate and effective policies, procedures and programs framework for Internal Control service delivery
Internal Control Validations and Reports:
- Support ERM in the identification and documentation of risk universe and attributes for the purpose of improving the control environment
- Maintain reports of significant risks, control activities and remediation’s
- Ensure the integrity of Internal Controls reports and analysis.
- Provide timely reports to achieve operational and strategic objectives of the company
- Conducts trends and analysis on the reports and system application rolling out the reports to ensure correctness and reasonable output to aid business decisions
- Continually review the processes and improve on it to ensure operation efficiency
- Ensure accurate and up to date validation reports to avoid potential loss
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour (Required to succeed in Role)
Educational qualifications & functional / technical skills:
- A degree (Bachelor’s degree or HND) in Accounting, Information technology or related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio
- A student member or a professional qualification of ICAN, ACCA, and other recognized accounting professional Institutions.
- Highly ethical with ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong communication skills (Oral and written)
- Strong organizational and management – Building Collaborative Relationships, highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in an audit, finance or process improvement role.
Attitude and Behavioural Traits:
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with rapt attention to details.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.