We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Land Surveyor – QC II
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard Schedule 6 days on/1 Day off
Business Line Requirements:
- Create, manage and maintain Client field database with regular updates for the purpose of obtaining highly accurate data for our navigating vessels.
- Analyze, manage and process satellite imagery and topographic maps with the use of ARC-GIS suite of software. Provide accurate data and charts to meet Upstream Nigeria requests for rig moves, anchor / mooring buoy positioning, seabed and pipeline surveys to avoid safety and environmental incidents during capital projects and routine operations. Review of survey procedures, seabed survey and Rig-move survey inspection, survey
- Equipment Check and Calibration and survey contactor evaluation to Ensure high technical standards during any land or hydrographic survey.
- Create, manage, maintain and regularly update Client Field database from As-built data.
- Create charts for rig move approach, seabed survey, well head drawings, anchor pattern and mooring spread for vessels and positioning barges.
- Coordinate transformation from one coordinate system to another.
- Geo-referencing and digitization of satellite imageries for data extraction.
- Satellite image Processing for mapping
- Data clean-up for dangles, duplicates, overlaps and gaps
- Transformation of all geographically referenced feature class onto correct map projection plane.
- Map Template and Symbology creation of surface and sub-surface feature classes.
- Digitizing of raster files to vector files.
- Contouring and seabed modeling.
- Client Field data migration from CAD to ARC-GIS.
- Printing of Charts for navigating vessels and other various units in Client.
- Land/Offshore Survey advisor and QA/QC surveyor.
- Review of survey procedures
- Seabed survey and Rigmove Survey inspection
- Survey Equipment Check and Calibration
- Critical assessment of in-service marine surveying contractors and bidders during technical evaluation exercise.
- Participate in interface meeting with survey contractors & management walkthrough on survey activities
- Number of incidents and/or severity attributed to wrong anchor / mooring buoy positioning due to inaccurate data from seabed survey and anchor pattern spread.
- Ability to satisfy Clients (JV / EEPNL / Projects).
- Accurate data on survey charts using applicable scale and ratio.
- Good inter-personal skills & team player
- Result Oriented
- Ability to meet set standard / work under tight schedule & pressure
- Good oral & written communication skills
- High integrity
- Ability to work with other people, different Nationalities
Analytical in thinking:
- Registered Surveyor with SURCON.
- Member Nigerian institution of surveyors (NIS).
- Masters (Msc) in Geographic information system (GIS)
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc) in Surveying or technology,
- Diploma (ND) Land Surveying
- Sound knowledge of both offshore (seabed & pipeline detection, Rigmove, Anchor handling) and land surveying equipment / uses
- Knowledge of Cpompany Offshore Survey operations
- Seventeen (17) years relevant experience in an Oil and Gas (offshore operations) setting on geographic information system, land and offshore survey
- Personnel management.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online