We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- To ensure that there are sufficient cars, drivers, cameras and live units in operation on any one day to deliver a first class news service.
- To liaise with team leaders to ensure that all necessary equipment is in good working order and available for use.
- To report all requirements and deficiencies to the Assignment Editor and/or the Director of News.
- To ensure that all resources are utilised in the most efficient way possible in order to optimise content for news output. This includes supervising the timing and duration of shoots and liaising regularly with crews and reporters.
- To manage all news rosters, included holidays, leave, assignments and maternity to ensure that all key roles are filled on any one day, including anchors, reporters and producers, as well as cover for team leaders. Sport, business, VT editors, Web and cameras will manage their own rosters in liaison with the post holder.
- To identify opportunities to improve workflows and performance.
- OND in any relevant discipline with ten (10) years with experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a busy television newsroom.
- Experience managing newsroom logistics.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to and co-ordinate with diverse production teams.
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online