We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, MFS and AML Compliance
- Manage, monitor and provide oversight on compliance obligations in Mobile Financial Services Operations.
- To establish a control environment to mitigate the risk of MTNN’s Mobile Financial Services being abused for the purposes of money laundering or terrorist financing
- Support Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Finance Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Serve internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Establish strategic partnerships with MTN Nigeria leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviors and impact of non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, and report irregularities.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Keep abreast of global and regional best practices relating to Mobile Financial Services and AML/CTF as well as fraud in the Mobile Financial Services Operations.
- Work with the MTN Regulatory functions and provide input into Mobile Financial Services Regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and impact of new Regulatory policies and legislation – with specific focus on the impact of such regulations or policies on MTN’s Mobile Financial Services operations
- Ensure ongoing compliance with established company policies and procedures related to Anti Money Laundering and Financial Crime risks in consultation with relevant first line functions.
- Develop and maintain metrics and reports on AML/CTF risks for Senior Management, Compliance and other key stakeholder groups to ensure responses and remediation actions are promptly reported and executed as necessary.
- Liaise with various departments to understand business processes, possible gaps, and potential AML/CTF shortfalls.
- Perform regular Anti Money Laundering and Financial Crime risk assessments and work with management to ensure that mitigating actions are established and tracked
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules
- Normal MTN Nigeria working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training Education
- First degree in any relevant numerate discipline
- MBA or Senior Management Program in a recognized Business School would be an added advantage
- AML/CFT Certification (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundry Specialist) will be an added advantage
- 6- 13 years’ experience which includes:
- At least, 3 years in Mobile Financial Services sector/ industry or Banking
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience as an AML/Fraud Analyst in the banking industry or within Mobile Financial Services preferably
- Working knowledge of AML/CTF and other compliance requirements laws and rules in a Mobile Financial Services/banking, switching services or e-payment organisation
- Experience of local financial services regulatory landscape
- Proven track record of technical and specialized know-how around Mobile Financial Services fraud and AML/CTF
- Good knowledge of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Mobile Money Guidelines and AML Regulations
- Familiarity with the FIU (Financial Intelligence Unit) directives /regulations.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good knowledge of AML tool Risk Secure or any other monitoring tool would be a plus
- Emerging markets/ multi-cultural experience
- Previous success in implementing organization-wide financial services Regulatory and Compliance policies
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online