We are looking for an astute professional to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director (MD)/Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reference Number: 130-PEO00977
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The MD/CEO is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the board of directors and the executive management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. This role reports to the Chairman of the Board and the Group CEO, West Africa.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for strategic direction of the overall business, including all operational components of Finance, HR, Risk, IT, Programme Office and Compliance.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the long term 3yr+ business plan.
- Manages the profitability of the business (bottom line responsibility).
- Develops overall distribution growth strategy and sets aggressive performance targets for the different channels that result in increased sales and improved operating efficiencies.
- Creates a sustainable channel economic model that incorporates the regulatory framework and is based on delivering products that are relevant to customer needs and competitive in the market place.
- Ensures the financial viability of all segments in the Non – Life Company.
- Ensures efficient Non – Life Company operations that deliver customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensures development of new business initiatives that deliver new sources of customers and revenue.
- Analyses risks and comes up with strategies for managing them and ensuring that assets of the Non – Life Company are adequately safeguarded and maintained.
- Ensures capable management succession as well as progressive employee training and development programs.
- Ensures that capability and synergy exists within each channel and segment to manage key external client relationships in order to enhance distribution reach.
- Responsible for fostering a culture that promotes customer focus, ethical practices, integrity, a positive work climate and high performance – enabling the business to attract, retain and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Engages and manages all relevant stakeholders continuously, i.e. internal and external.
- Manages risk and compliance.
- Manages external relationships and influences industry bodies.
- Must have a first degree and an MBA or M.Sc in any discipline
- Certifications from at least 2 Executive Business Programmes
- Must be a registered member of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria
- Membership with the Chartered Insurance Institute of the UK or any other recognised professional qualification in Insurance is an added advantage
- At least ten (10) years working experience in the insurance industry, with a minimum of seven (7) at senior management level or at least fifteen (15) years working experience, with a minimum of ten (10) at senior management level in a Technical Department of an Insurance or Reinsurance Company
- Relevant work experience in a multinational or international company
- International work experience and/or exposure is an advantage
- Experience in one of the top five (5) Composite Insurance Companies in Nigeria at a management or senior management level
- Good knowledge of the Insurance industry in Nigeria
- Experience and skills in Business Development and Marketing
- Experience in presenting at Board meetings and liaising with Directors
Skills & Competencies:
- Presentation skills;
- Financial Analysis;
- Technical Insurance (Claims, Underwriting and Re-insurance);
- Excellent Communication skills;
- Excellent business acumen;
- Strong leadership abilities;
- Goal oriented; Energetic and agile personality;
- Able to deal with new and difficult situations easily;
- High level of maturity;
- Mentorship skills;
- High level network
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of sections 12, 13 & 14 of the Nigeria Insurance Act of 2003, must not be convicted of any offence involving dishonesty or fraud or guilty of serious misconduct.
- If any of the statements in sections 12, 13 & 14 of the Nigeria Insurance Act of 2003 apply, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide relevant details.
Key Result Areas:
- Governance & Compliance
- Strategy Implementation
- Functional Effectiveness
- Investment Performance Measurement
- Stakeholder Management
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online