Axis Human Capital Limited – Our client, a Non Governmental Organization, specialized in promoting social justice, human rights and governance, and based in Dakar is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Bilingual)
Reports to: The Director of Programs
- We seeks to hire an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will set up and execute a Monitoring and Evaluation System for the Strategic Plan, programs, projects and activities of the organization.
- Build, complete or update the results and performance indicators of these projects, as well as tools for measuring impact.
- Organize the collection of quantitative and qualitative data at different phases of the project (for example from context analyses and baselines to significant stories of change), by different stakeholders (Project officers, partners), and in various countries.
- Consolidate and treat data collected by the project officers and other stakeholders and make it usable and visible (especially data documenting the achievement of “outputs”, “outcomes”, etc.).
- Submit a monthly activity report to the Director of Programs, and two bi-annual summary reports (mid-year and end of year)
- Help prepare the budget and help with financial reporting of general activities and M&E activities.
- Draft, execute and give account of budget allocated for evaluations.
- Consolidate the activity and periodic reports expected, in compliance with project documents and contractual obligations towards donors.
- Ensure ownership and use of M&E systems and tools by PCs;
- Organize specific training sessions for staff and partners and provide capacity building for M&E project officers.
Requirement and Experiences
- Postgraduate qualification in Social Sciences, Political Science, Project Management, Communication. Certificate in M&E.
- 7 -10 years professional experience in project management within an international development NGO.
- 5 years successful experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex projects.
- Proven practice of Theory of Change; perfect mastery of logical frameworks.
- Good experience with European Union and USAID M&E procedures.
- Experience in Communication and Media, and on gender issues.
- Good knowledge of development issues and stakeholders, especially the civil society in West Africa
- Work experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Mastery of written and spoken English and French.
- Independent and capable of taking initiative.
- This role will involve travel to the countries in which the organization carries out its activities (West Africa).
Application Closing Date
20th Decemeber, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter’s and CV to: [email protected]
Note: All Cover Letter’s and CV should be in English and French.