We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- We are looking for an experienced Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer, national position) for our work in Maiduguri (Borno State), Nigeria.
- The responsibility of the M&E Officer is to support the program team in Monitoring and Evaluating the WASH Project activities and to conduct and lead the data management for surveys, assessments and other data collection methods, including required data processing.
- Develop, mainstream and operationalize the program’s M&E strategy in close cooperation with the program team
- Provide M&E input during project – and log frame design as well as budgeting
- Support the program team in monitoring all activities throughout the project cycle, assist in planning and carrying out project evaluations and participate in program reviews
- Establish and maintain a data management system that would standardize the M&E information flow and reporting
- Develop data collection methods and tools to support the program team in – among others – needs assessment, base- or end line surveys, KAP surveys as well as output and outcome monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that an accountability mechanism is in place and utilized, according to the CHS and serve as primary contact for M&E, accountability (Complaint Response) and related issues
- Establish a well-structured filing system and ensure documentation systems to safeguard documents on physical and digital archives are in place and fit to maintain confidentiality of the data
- Support the team in properly documenting all implementation-related processes including keeping beneficiary files and participant lists up-to-date as well as filing all support documents (correspondence, contacts etc.)
- Process and design/review M&E information products, simplifying and communicating their implications
- Report to the line manager (WASH Project Manager) all challenges and relevant information, as well as all relevant issues concerning safety, security, necessary changes or success of the program in a timely manner
- Coordinate well and proactively with the program team as well as administrative staff and provide input on building M&E capacities
- Assist the line manager in fulfilling other project implementation relevant tasks as required in the office and during field visits
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related fields which require intensive data collection and processing, or equivalent experiences in working with a field team in Borno State
- 2 years of relevant experience working with NGOs
- Working experience in the Northeast of Nigeria for NGOs would be an asset
- Ability to work in and coordinate with a team
- Excellent written and spoken English; speaking Kanuri and Hausa
- Starting Date: 01.04.2019
- Duty Station: Maiduguri with regular travels to Pulka, Nigeria
- Duration of contract: 6 month, with possibility of extension
- Salary according to qualification and experience
- Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online