We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse-Midwife
Locations: Bama, Dikwa and Ngala Borno – with travel to other activity sites
Reporting to: Clinical Supervisor
Under the supervision of Clinical Supervisor, the Midwife is responsible for women and children health and performing the role of registered midwife:
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC)
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- According protocols in place, conduct normal deliveries independently, manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventions. Supervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point.
- Monitor signs of malnutrition among pregnant & lactating women (PLW) and children; providing counselling and advice to all patients on Women, Infant and Young Children best feeding practices (IYCF).
- Updating patients’ registration books and other related appointment information; Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, statistics, etc.),
- Preparing and facilitating regular health education sessions for patients at the health facility in coordination with the clinic staff
- Responsible for providing inputs and data for monthly SRH activities’ reports in timely manner and report any problematic situations and cases arising)
- Conduct data quality assessment in a weekly basis
- Participate and update progress in weekly technical meeting with SRH staffs
- Any other duties according to the needs
- Qualified and licensed Nurse with Nursing Diploma/Certificate with a background in RH, BEmONC and community nursing.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a clinical setting or NGO.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language added advantage;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions.
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online