Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- The Procurement Assistant is based in Monguno, Borno State reports to Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Assistant is required to support the implementation of procurement activities ensuring successful delivery in program implementation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Obtain quotations for both direct and negotiated procedures within a week of assignment.
- Negotiate with suppliers for competitive pricing.
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes.
- Maintain proper files for procurement documents and establish electronic archives for all purchase dossiers and other logistics documents.
- Create functional system of dispatch and receipt acknowledgement for purchases.
- Track vehicles used on behalf of Monguno base for goods dispatch and passenger movement.
- Other task as assigned.
- Degree in Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain or any other equivalent course.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in office administration and procurement.
- Experience in logistics and stock control.
- Good capacity to work in a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
Application Clsoing Date
5.00 pm, 21st September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.