We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Field Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Position to start: 1st April 2019
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for qualified staff to support our mission based in Maiduguri.
- Under the supervision of the CCCM Project Manager, the CCCM Protection Officer is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the protection component of the project, including conducting data collection, meetings and mobilizing key project stakeholders, developing protection related materials for community trainings and facilitate trainings, among others.
- He/she will organize focus groups to support him/her in the accomplishment of her daily task and duties.
- He/She will be accountable for the smoothly operation of the protection component of the project, meeting project timelines and targets, in addition to internal capacity building trainings.
- He/ she will be responsible of ensuring protection mainstream standards among the camp services and to monitor the global protection risks in order to provide mitigation solutions.
- He /she will be in charge for referrals of beneficiaries to the appropriate protection partner(s), but not only, and ensure that this mechanism remain efficient and functional after ACTED CCCM responsibility.
- Carry out daily monitoring visits, focus group discussions, participatory assessments, key informant interviews in accordance with ACTED’s information collection and management plans and standards, ensuring appropriate treatment of sensitive information;
- Ensure that mainstream protection is implemented by all agencies and in the whole camp.
- Assess protection issues captured or identified during daily activities and make appropriate referrals for services to humanitarian or other actors as per the referral pathway or best practices;
- Identify cases in need of urgent response and directly follow-up/accompany affected individuals to services providers when needed to ensure access to services;
- Work with supervisor to create weekly work-plans and prioritization of tasks;
- Ensure targets are met under the approved work plans
- Ensure proper documentation and secure storage of any protection data collected (hard and soft copies);
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting on findings.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with all stake-holders, and participate in daily coordination with humanitarian and all other local and international actors;
- Provide trainings and on-job coaching to CCCM team and other agencies personnel as required as well as provide awareness sessions and ad hoc training sessions for camp leaders and community.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to the community mobilizers in the field on a day to day basis
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership to community-based mechanisms
- Support CCCM and partners workers in identification and ensuring that reporting is in line with ACTED, Sector and partners harmonized guidelines.
- Work with community-based structures to identify protection problems that cannot be resolved at community level or by existing services and assist community to come to solutions
- Liaise closely with protection actors in the field and other humanitarian partners to ensure an understanding of the overall issues; an understanding that shall be used to guide weekly work plans
- Take a leading role in setting up the community center- liaising with the community
- A University degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Guidance and Counseling or relevant fields.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and distribution programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Experience in protection interventions in line with vulnerables or IDP operation.
- Experience of working with UN or Non Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to communicate in English, write reports in English and consolidate the reports prepared by protection monitoring assistants into formal English documentation
- Ability to communicate in Hausa. Other Nigerian languages is a must.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work full time time in the field directly with communities (camp setting and communities in MMC area).
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. ACTED/REACH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates, we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.