We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Information Communications Technology Associate, GS-7
Job Number: 518576
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
How can you make a difference?
- The Senior Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Associates performs specialized activities pertaining to UNICEF’s ICT systems including desktop administration, server operations, hardware, and software.
- Specialized activities may include technical support in the testing and implementation of new application system releases, modules and functionalities and systems administration tasks.
- This is skilled work, which may include the provision of procedural leadership to more junior staff or serve as a focal point for a systems project.
ICT Office Customer Service Support:
- The Senior ICT Associate is fundamentally support and assistance to client staff from across the office in the installation and maintenance/troubleshooting of ICT applications.
- S/He liaises and interacts with colleagues, users and user groups in establishing application requirements, providing training in new systems and applications and proving guidance on best practices.
- The Senior ICT Associate may coordinate with external service providers, such as telephony services providers, and consultants, ensuring delivery of agreed services and prompt resolution of service issues.
- Senior ICT Associates perform specialized IT application administration activities to ensure functionality and facilitate user interface. Accountabilities/key results include:
- Analyzing functional issues, developing functional specifications and identifying the need for new systems or re-engineering/enhancements of the existing systems or applications.
- Supporting the development, programming, testing, debugging and implementation of new applications and systems and customizing existing applications.
- Identifying system vulnerabilities and relevant security patches; prioritizing, evaluating, testing and applying third party patches.
- Providing second-level support to users on systems applications including assistance on technical issues, setting up user access security profiles, and other related user issues.
- Drafting technical documentation and manuals.
- Assessing training needs, developing and presenting structured and ad hoc training to users as required.
- Assisting in the management of specialized ICT projects, particularly in the area of development and implementation of new systems and applications.
- Preparing periodic and ad hoc reports.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of first level university degree is required in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, Engineering.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
- A minimum of Five years of practical work experience in information technology, requiring systematic methods of troubleshooting and problem solving is required
- Practical experience in providing technical and business Customer Support and Services is required; Practical experience and working knowledge of various programme; Experience with UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
Application Closing Date
11th January, 2019; 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- The advertisement is currently opened to only staff members, holder of Fixed Term and Continuing permanent contracts.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.