We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Health Financing Advisor
Locations: Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa, Borno and Yobe
Reports to: The Lead Advisor based in Abuja
- The State Health Financing Advisor will provide support to the development and implementation of activities that support State governments in Nigeria to implement health financing reforms and develop sustainable health financing strategies to support their universal healthcare coverage goals.
- This position will be funded under a large donor funded health system strengthening programme in Nigeria.
- R4D is seeking a State Health Financing Advisor to serve as the strategic and technical lead in the state providing advisory support to key government leaders and institutions leading healthcare financing reforms.
- The Advisor will support the development and implementation of distinct health financing initiatives, ensuring impactful results by leveraging R4D’s global expertise and technical strengths to generate lasting systemic change.
- As the health finance lead in the state, s/he will work with multiple stakeholders, governmental and non-governmental, to co-create sustainable financing strategies that will support the state government’s goals towards achieving universal health coverage for its population.
- S/he will directly provide technical assistance support to state agencies and parastatals implementing health financing reform and strategic purchasing initiatives; provide technical support and input on the development of evidence generation and analytical activities that support the implementation of demand-side financing schemes; facilitate the domestication of evidence to guide the design of state-based demand side financing schemes; support the development of sustainable health financing strategies for the state government.
The responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of technical assistance and capacity building support on domestic resource mobilization, pooling, resource allocation and strategic purchasing targeted at state level stakeholders.
- Lead the provision of technical assistance support to state agencies implementing health financing reforms towards the achievement of universal healthcare.
- Lead stakeholder engagement with governmental and non-governmental partners implementing and supporting health financing reform activities in the state.
- Lead the development of analytic and evidence generation products that support state-focused demand side financing initiatives.
- Participate in technical working and advisory groups that support healthcare financing initiatives in the state.
- Support the formulation of high impact policy recommendations and deliverables for the construction and implementation of the state work program deliverables.Maintain and ensure that activities are aligned with broader project and programmatic objectives.
- BA with 5 years of relevant global health experience or MA with 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience and interest in health economics, healthcare financing, and policy development
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Fluent command of English
- Strong and compelling written/verbal communication skills and ability to develop and give high impact presentations
- Track record of conducting research activities including quantitative and qualitative analyses, developing high impact and high visibility technical reports, and policy briefs and presentations
- Proven experience working with a variety of stakeholders implementing health reforms globally and in Nigeria, and in the Northern States preferred
- Ability to think and solve problems in a structured, logical and creative manner
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate in a team-based environment as well as independently on complex work streams/projects
- Experience and knowledge of the Basic Healthcare Provision Fund
- Experience working on large scale, multi-partner, donor funded and/or government projects in Nigeria, and in the Northern states is highly desired
- Relevant work experience in a research institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank
- Familiarity with existing regulations and framework around health care financing reform in the Northern states, as well as nationally is a plus
- Experience working with a diverse technical team located in different geographical regions
- Ability and willingness to work and travel as required.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is contingent on proposal funding. Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply. This position includes a Nigerian benefits package and does not include international relocation or expatriate benefits.