We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Student Counselor
- Guide students in determining their interests and abilities using a wide range of methods, such as aptitude assessments, interviews and planning materials.
- Counsel individual learners, working with them to aid in the development of both hard and soft skills.
- Work with students to overcome issues that could undermine their academic or career success.
- Help students craft a long-term plan for reaching their career objectives.
- Provide career counseling and career development sessions for high school graduates and alumni.
- Develop career services programs that will help student in exploring and planning career options.
- Work with students on their needs for career development.
- Conduct trainings, workshops, lectures, presentations, and other events to develop career planning and employability skills for students.
- Develop positive working relationship with the school management, parents and co-employees to achieve desired goals.
- Coordinate with academic advisors to help students in making career choices based on their academic majors.
- Consult with students, parents, and other school and community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of students.
- Coordinate all counseling services for students and assists with the coordination and implementation of student services in the school.
- Interact with clients and proffer solutions
- Administer admissions processes.
- Facilitate meetings between college representatives and students
- Keep track of admission decisions, statistics, and student database
- Conduct career awareness events and job fairs for students
- Create and maintain database of student’s profiles.
- Other duties assigned by the director.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Counseling and any other related field.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Career Counseling or similar field would be a huge plus.
- Must possess at least 2 years’ experience performing similar role.
- Must have worked in a similar capacity as a student counselor.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online