Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an Oil and Gas Servicing Company in Nigeria. Due to internal expansion in their office, they have decided to hire a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
- Manage the procurement operations of the organization.
- Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory of goods procured.
- Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize company’s client satisfaction.
- Manage all aspects of procurement from negotiation to delivery.
- Promote safety and awareness among Supply Chain and Vendor staff aimed at zero accident / incident rate.
- Accountable for approval of Bid-Lists and purchase orders up to certain limit of authority.
- Participate in prequalification of suppliers as necessary and evaluation of commercial bids.
- Preparation of negotiation strategies and procurement negotiations as appropriate.
- Ensure awards of Contracts and Purchase Orders are in compliance with relevant procedures, Specifications and local and international HSE standards.
- Accountable for reviewing and approving supplier’s requests for payment with respect to vendors, ensuring all obligations are met before payment.
- Ensure all Contract and Purchase Order close-out is undertaken in a timely manner, including the resolution of claims as and when required.
- Oversees the arrival of shipments, estimation of Freight costs and call-off freight forwarding services from suppliers, to meet required on-site dates at minimum costs.
- Plans delivery timetables and monitors stock levels.
- Tracks the movement of goods through depots or warehouses and also oversees the ordering and packaging process.
- Bachelor or/and Master’s Degree in any field. However, having a Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics or related field is an advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement/supply chain and logistics field in the Oil and Gas sector in Nigeria.
- Candidate must have a strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate must possess good finance abilities and be capable of managing budgets.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills, communication skills
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their updated CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org the title of the role as the subject of the mail.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.