UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA Information Management Officer, (Nutrition), NO-B, 364 Days
Job Number: 515497
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- Under the guidance and supervision of Nutrition manager, the Information management officer (IMO) will be mainly responsible for the collection, analysis and sharing of nutrition program information, including technical support, capacity building, and coordination of information management activities at the field level.
- He/she will be based in Maiduguri with frequent travels to the field sites, where UNICEF has supported nutrition program.
- He/she will contribute in developing and implementing nutrition information system to monitor the progress and incorporate lessons within the nutrition program.
- The IMO will work closely with the UNICEF focal point in field office and with SMOH, state nutrition officer in strengthening the capacity of government system in the Borno and Yobe state for nutrition information management and its use for programming.
- He/she will support the efforts of state government for proper data management and its use for nutrition program design and monitoring progress.
The main responsibilities of the IMO will include but not limited to the following:
- Compile, clean and analyse nutrition data including Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Vitamin A supplementation, Infant and Young Child Feeding Practice (IYCFP), Micronutrients etc
- Prepare and share the updated state data base, 5Ws and sitrep within the given timeline
- Prepare produce fact sheets and dash board on monthly and quarterly basis
- Produce interactive maps with latest information and update on regular basis
- Assess trends and measures outcomes relating to achievement of project targets to support evidence-based programming.
- Monitor and support the nutrition team in the ground and provide feedback based on data analysis to ensure consistency and accuracy of nutrition program data
- Reports presentations, in a statistical manner and analysis, should be precise, present the program data to the Nutrition sector information management technical working groups for validations.
- Represent UNICEF in different nutrition sector forum, as well as in the states where program is implemented
- Build the capacity of the state counter parts and partners, to be able to undertake all stages data management and analysis
- Prepare briefs and presentations as and when needed for decision making and prioritization of nutrition interventions.
- “Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.”
- End Product/Deliverables: (e.g. final report, article, document etc.)- give specific descriptions of end products and specific time/dates they are expected for contract running into several months.
- State data base and 5Ws are prepared regularly as per organization needs
- Dash board and fact sheet are developed at least one in each quarter
- Feedback report is prepared based on data analysis and shared on monthly basis
- To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in Nutrition. Candidates with public health, epidemiology, Statistics or data management or related field with a nutrition focus will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health, nutrition survey, knowledge /data management or related field in developing country context.
- Proven experience of leading nutrition program information management and facilitation with concerned authorities
- Experience of nutrition data collection, with extensive experience, compiling and analysing quantitative and qualitative data and producing relevant graphical representations of analyzed data.
- Proven experience in synthesizing relevant information and developing reports on time against set deadlines for the dissemination of key findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid data analysis skills, ENA, Epi Info, and other data software’s
- Ability to understand and speak local language will be an advantage
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 20th September, 2018 by 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (W. Central Africa Standard Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.