Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria’s energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TONG Operator
- To visually inspect and ensure the safety of the equipment prior to beginning operations, throughout operations, and upon completion of all operations by means of carrying out all maintenance, inspections, and repairs on the tongs.
- Execute tong and pumping operations.
- Maintain the correct torque using the tong relief valve (Confirm torque value) and change out tong dies.
- Assist in installing the tong arm and other mechanisms that hold the tong and ensure the equipment is properly secured and maintained, and ensure the height is correct for safe operation.
- Operate lay-down systems, counterbalance winches, and lifting equipment.
- Transport of equipment to and from location to job site.
- Safely operate casing and tubing tongs, power units, and handle tools used in tubular make-up
- Supervise and help with rigging up and down of power tongs, power units, stabbing boards, and tubular handling equipment
- Daily visual inspection of power tong equipment before, during, and after jobs to ensure field readiness and safe operation of equipment
- Mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance of hydraulics lines to the power tong
- Communicate clearly and professionally with rig and operator personnel, complete all required paperwork (including job packets), and troubleshoot equipment on location.
- Rig-up and down equipment using hydraulics to manoeuvre and control the CDS equipment from the drill floor, the cat walk and the transport unit
- Control hydraulics to secure, lift, and connect casing together.
- Work in conjunction with the driller to lower casing into well bore after each joint is screwed together, repeat until total depth is reached
- Maintain a knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig safety rules and regulations by picking up and storing all tools in their respective storage areas after using, discarding waste materials and washing down the rig floor and rig floor equipment as often as necessary
- Compliance with all company policies, systems and standards, including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSE, etc.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Must have vast experience in drilling and completions, fluids products and services.
- Strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of all equipment and maintenance procedures.
- Requires close vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand for long period, walk more than 90% of the time and be in repetitive motion.
- Mechanically, hydraulic and electrical inclined.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org