The U.S. Embassy is currently seeking to employ suitable candidates for the following vacant positions below:
1. U.S. Consulate Recruitment for Residential Manager
Salary: US$6,685.24 (equivalent to N2,400,000) per annum
Minimum Qualifications Required for this Position
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Physics, ICT, or any related discipline required.
- Advanced computer science or information system degrees, and computer certifications such as A+, N+, Security+, MCSE, ITIL, would be added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 4years of progressively responsible experience, primarily in information systems and applications with a concentration on the management and operations of a computer center with a large networked PC clientele; an international communications and networking systems; and, a computer hardware and peripherals installation, repair and maintenance center is required.
- At least 3 of these years should have been with a large computer installation involving primarily English language systems and applications preferably with a U.S. company or Government agency.
Post Entry Training:
- CompTIA A+ Network+ Security +, ITIL will be offered subject to availability of funds.
- Level IV (fluent) English language proficiency, speaking and writing, is required.
- Thorough knowledge of automation operation concepts, analysis and management; system monitoring and performance fine tuning methodologies, troubleshooting; program and data file integrity and backup strategies; disaster and recovery planning methods; performance fine-tuning; communications and networking concepts and operations; diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance procedures and techniques; operating and maintenance concepts on UPS, AVR; relevant computer languages; operations research concepts and applications; information system procedures and standards; standard business work processes and management principles; SQL, database system and documentation techniques; general knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodologies involving extended relational database structure and analysis.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage, operate, repair and maintain the Mission PC/LAN and PC hardware, software and applications; use of MS DOS, Windows 2000/2003/2008 server, Cloud-based environments.
- Ability to work issues involving LAN connectivity including the installation of systems and troubleshooting LAN/Ethernet related problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person.
- Ability to work outside regular office hours including weekends, holidays or any other days as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to resolve operation related issues.
- Ability to discuss complex concepts with vendors on major ADP equipment procurement and installation.
- Ability in fact gathering and analysis and in logic application, systems documentation and testing.
- Good technical skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software problems and to maximize the capabilities of the Mission’s computer resources.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain two-way communications and promote computer and automation services and to resolve priority issues, system limitations, downtime, etc., with key officials.
- A good understanding of key managers’ priorities to ensure that the computer and automation organization is responsive to those needs.
- Skill in the use of technical and administrative reference material in support of management responsibilities including system design, equipment procurement, personnel, and financial management, etc.
- Not less than 20 WPM typing ability to enable computer terminal operation.
Evaluation and Selection Factors
Applications will be required to have the minimum qualifications expressed in Section II. Qualified applicants possessing skills above the minimum requirements will be assessed based on the following factors:
- Education (10 points)
- Work Experience (20 points)
- Knowledge (30 points)
- Language Proficiency (10 points)
- Skills and abilities (30 points)
2. Computer Management Assistant
Salary: N10,558,899.00 equivalent to FSN-9
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered:
- Completion of Secondary School.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the hospitality industry, or experience in hosting large number of guest. Management or supervisory experience is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading of English is required. Level III (Good working knowledge) of French language is required.
- Ability to manage large budget for official events at the residence.
- Must be able to conduct inventory of household appliances, equipment, furniture, dishes, etc. Must have good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with employees at all levels and diverse groups of people.
5th November, 2018.