Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria’s energy sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1. Motorman on Jack-Up Rig
- Training roustabouts and roughnecks
- Maintaining and lubricating machinery inorder to keep it running properly
- Assisting other oil rig crew members as necessary
- Working with the boilers of the rig
- Assessing tongs that help to connect and respectively disconnect drill pipe and spinning chain
- Ordering tools and replacement parts
- Regularly testing the equipment for any potential safety or operation issues
2. Assistant Driller
Special Skills and Qualifications
- Willing to travel and stay out of town frequently.
- Enjoy outside work.
- Must be able to dead lift 80 to 100 pounds overhead throughout the daily shift.
- Ability to learn and move up.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
3. Drilling Rig Accountant
- Minimum of 5 years of financial experience on a drilling project.
- Excellent computer skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, accounting systems and financial concepts.
- Accounting and/or finance degree required
4. Chief Mechanic
- The Chief Mechanic’s overall responsibilities are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Perform routine maintenance controls of the mechanic equipments and devices of the rig.
- Provides for preventive, routine and non-routine maintenance and for repairs of internal combustion engines, pumps, compressors and drilling related equipment of rig.
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him of their duties, their responsibilities and the necessary safetyprecautions prior to start up of any work.
- Ensure that all orders and instructions given in writing or verbally are fully understood and adheredto.
- Ensure that all safety routines are followed.
- Ensure that no mechanical work that requires a “work permit” or mechanical/electrical isolation isstarted until a proper investigation has been carried out and approvals have been given in writing.
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents and non-conformances job.
- React timely to all corrective action requests.
- Ensure that personnel under his supervision possess the necessary qualifications and experienceto properly carry out the work assigned to them from a professional as well as a safety point of view.
- Attends and promote the safety meetings and have special safety meetings with his mechaniccrew whenever necessary.
- Attends all the safety drills held onboard.
- Ensure good housekeeping in his/her area
- Be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Saipem and by the Operator,and promote the implementation of same.
- Ensure that his subordinates use compulsory protective equipment and are safety minded in theirday to day work.
- Be familiar with all the classification society’s and the authorities rules and regulation applicable tohis area of responsibility
- Ensures that before and maintenance activity is started, a proper risk evaluation is carried outprecautions have been taken and “Work Permit” has been signed, in case of need.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for any of the above positions
Job Application Deadline
8th & 22nd November, 2018.